The weather today is absolutely stunning. It’s sunny but it’s also really warm as there is very little breeze. I can’t stress enough how much better I feel when the weather is good because everything just looks better with the sun out. Today is the first day this week that I haven’t had an exam so I had a bit of a lie in until 11 o’clock. Exams really do sap you of energy so I needed a chill out this morning. I grabbed my breakfast and watched a bit of TV for a while, then tidied my room up.
I’ve already been to the gym today too – I had to take sunglasses with me otherwise I’d be squinting the whole time. To be honest, when I first got to the gym I wasn’t in the best of head spaces for exercise; I fancied just slobbing out in my pjs all day. But once I got into it, I felt pretty good. Being around 2 in the afternoon meant that the gym was empty too so I didn’t spend time waiting around for the machine I want to become available. The only issue I did have is that my gym leggings are all a bit loose and so they slip down a bit, so when I run I have to constantly hoik them up. My workout today was as follows;
1) Warm up on the treadmill: 6 minutes, 0.6km (I watched a bit of Place In The Sun whilst I did it!)
2) Hip Adductor: 20 reps, 2 sets, 23kg
3) Glute machine: 5 reps per leg, 2 sets, 23kg
4) Chest press: 10 reps, 3 sets, 18kg
5) Hip Adductor: 20 reps, 2 sets, 23kg (love that machine)
6) Treadmill: 6 minutes, 0.8km
7) Glute machine: 5 reps per leg, 2 sets, 23kg
8) Bridge: hold for 1 minute
9) Treadmill: 11 minutes (V high incline), 0.65km
10) Leg press: 30 reps, 1 set, 45kg
When I got back I had a massive lunch. Exercise really does work up an appetite! I had a mushroom, pepper and mangetout omelette with baked beans and cucumber on the side. It tasted yumyumyum.
Yesterday I did my chicken in foil again, but I used mushrooms and I didn’t have any asparagus this time. I tried out tandoori spices rather than cajun, and it was really nice!!
Oh and here’s a pic of me before I went to the gym. Starting to feel really happy in my own skin!